This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Music Blog List – The worlds #1 Music Blog Directory & Music Blog Aggregator
Welcome to the Music Blog List - The worlds #1 Music Blog Directory & Music Blog Aggregator
Open registration is currently enabled
I’ve made some major changes to the architecture of the website. I’ve removed the aggregated “Newsfeeds” and all associated content. I plan on fine-tuning the system to deliver original content covering a variety of music related topics. I’ve also removed several of the “social” functions – making the Music Blog list more of a directory & aggregator system than a social media website.
Version 4.1 Changelog:
- Deleted 4000+ aggregated “newsfeed” posts (user generated content was not affected)
- Removed the email invite feature
- Removed the social login feature
- Users may now delete their own accounts
- Disabled private messages
- Disabled friend connections
- Disabled points features
- Disabled group forums
- Restricted group creation
- Renamed “Social Feed” to “Activity Feed”
- Simplified user profiles
- Allowed custom genres
And we’re back! After a 4 month hiatus – Music Blog List is back with a vengeance! I’ve restored the website to its previous state and rss imports have already begun to stream in!
I felt it necessary to declare this “Version 4″.
Welcome back music bloggers
Version 4 Changelog:
- MBL in da hizzy
The community now features over 250+ blogs, promoters, and industry professionals! Thank you all for taking part in this growing community!
Version 3.3.1 Changelog:
- Points can now be exchanged for rotating advertising spots on the site creating a members only ad network.
- Added optional group forum functionality, integrated with points system. (ie. get points by posting in group forums)
- Creating a group now earns 40 Points
- Added user feedback form
Things are really heating up now! The Music Blog List now has over 200+ members from all over the world. Welcome and thank you to all our new members! Since my last update I’ve made several changes and content additions.
Also, I’ve been toying with some of the special features (In later versions, points will be exchanged for special features). I’ve spoken with several members regarding the current state of the project and future features, I was able to get some great feedback! Thanks to all! I want to get some opinions from some of our new members as well. If you’re a member who like to discuss your experience with the Music Blog List, please contact me via private message with your skype address.
Possible Special Features – These features will be unlocked by “cashing-in” points.
- Expanded group functionality
- Members-only ad-space throughout the site (this is one feature I really want your feedback on – right now there are no ads on MBL)
- Blog spotlight
Version 3.3 Changelog:
- Updated newsfeeds
- Added Suggest a feed / feed faq page
- Added link to us page
- changed widget placement on all pages
- changed front page design
- updated footer content
- Added RSS Feeds listing page
- Added Social Signup/Login function (Supports Twitter, Google, Yahoo, and Hotmail/Live)
- Created Official Youtube Account
- Changed widget placement and frontpage layout (with a new frontpage in the works)
- Music Player Profile Widget updated & fixed (Supports Bandcamp, Tunecore, Reverbnation, Noisetrade, and SoundCloud)
- New rule for RSS feed integration (Language must be English)
- Added several categorized Newsfeeds – switched Mixtapes from a page to post category.
- Added directory search tag widgets
- Integrated points and ranking system – take a look at the Points FAQ for more details
- Updated Spam Protocols
- Added Routine DB Backup
- Re-ordered nav menu
I’m going to focus on promotion a little more over the next week. Give my brain a chance to rest from dev work
I’ve opted to start a development blog for this project. Below is a list of all the features from version 3.0 along with changes in version 3.1.
- Home Dashboard (Site wide content feed)
- Social Feed (aggregated content from all user’s public activity streams)
- Video Feed (hot new youtube videos updated every few hours)
- View Directory
- View Groups
- Public profile / Directory listing
- Public activity stream
- Sync public activity stream with an RSS feed (note; this is not done automatically upon sign-up, you must configure it in your settings area)
- Friends list
- Favorites list
- Mentions list
- Private messages
- Group creation
- Points system (users may earn points by interacting with the system; points will be used extensively in future versions)
- Added exclusive mixtapes page
- Started dev blog
- Added Google map widget to display based on user input of the profile field “City”
- Added Soundcloud widget to display if user has filled out set info in the profile field group “Soundcloud Player” (note: these profile fields are still public, however; when buddypress 1.6 is realeased, these fields will be made private to the public.
- Added private message inbox widget